The Green-Thumb-Gene (& lack thereof)

Did anyone else not inherit their family's green-thumb-gene? Am I the only one over here leaf-ily-challenged?

What is it specifically about the concept of:
#1 dig a hole.
#2 plant something.
#3 water it so it doesn't die.

That I don't get?


It IS that easy, right? 1,2,3. Ugh.

Perhaps it's more horrifyingly embarrassing for me that I need fool-proof bamboo desktop plants (that actually SAY on the tag....NO DIRECT LIGHT and barely needs water so don't worry if you forget for 2 and a half months) because I grew up in a house that could in all likelihood qualify as the next great rain forest after the Amazon. With all of my mom's floor plants and hanging plants and table plants.....seriously, walking up the stairs into the living room might feel to a stranger like hiking in a heavily wooded national park.

Now this is not to make fun of my green-thumbed mother - oh no. I'm in AWE of this magnificent woman!!! I just don't know how she does it. Her yard is a botanical garden. Any and all colors you can imagine, the widest array of most beautiful plants, trees, flowers, it never ends, you can spend hours marveling at her work...I've told her many-a-times she should start charging $5 at the beginning of the driveway to enter.

Me on the other hand......ugh depressing! I'm not giving up though! Dreams of a grand garden - where I can pick my own herbs and veggies - will happen.....eventually.

Until then, I guess I'm fine enjoying my lovely (&fake) lillies ;-)





Comments

Anonymous said…
Your fake lilies look beautiful....

popular posts

It's the Most Wonderul Time of the Year

DIY Graphic Headboard

Life Is Not a Journey, It's an Adventure

Happy Halloween-EVE!

Switzerland (Honeymoon Part 1 of 3)

The Plunge

Soul Ryder Hughes

DIY Glam Silver Canvas Tiles

I'm back. Let's do this.