Modernizing The Queen - Part 1

So while on one of my thirft-scouting-adventures I spotted the following amazingly fabulous mirror at goodwill.........for $10. $10!!!!


One thing I love to do is mix throw in antiquey/old/worn items randomly into our mostly clean and modern designed home decor. What is more classic than a curvy "Queen Victoria" mirror? I honestly have no idea if that's the proper name for this shape mirror, however we're gonna go with it.

ANYWAYS - Of course it was not only a disturbingly bright shade of orangey brown when I found this little gem......it was worn on the top and reminded me of a musty basement. Nothing a little surface cleaner, elbow grease, and black paint can't solve!

I had already begun painting/staining with the black paint in these pictures - however you can still see the NEON-ISH hue of the original stain on the inside lip.





I will have Part 2 up shortly hopefully. I had finished fully painting/staining with the black to my liking - and hope to hang this sucker up over our dining area table this evening...........knock on wood! The thing HAS to weigh like 20lbs and may involve anchors if there aren't studs where I need them to be. Sigh. Fingers crossed!!!

Comments

Kyla Roma said…
Holy!! That's an amazing find, great work! I have a tiny little vintage mirror in my kitchen that totally has my heart, they're such great additions.

popular posts

It's the Most Wonderul Time of the Year

DIY Graphic Headboard

Life Is Not a Journey, It's an Adventure

Happy Halloween-EVE!

Switzerland (Honeymoon Part 1 of 3)

The Plunge

Soul Ryder Hughes

DIY Glam Silver Canvas Tiles

I'm back. Let's do this.